- BXMT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.0 million.
- BXMT traded 61,550 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:05 AM, representing 21% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BXMT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BXMT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BXMT: Blackstone Mortgage Trust, Inc., a real estate finance company, primarily focuses on originating mortgage loans backed by commercial real estate assets. The company operates through Loan Origination and CT Legacy Portfolio segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 7.1%. BXMT has a PE ratio of 14.5. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Blackstone Mortgage a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Blackstone Mortgage has been 289,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Blackstone has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.47 and a short float of 4.9% with 6.41 days to cover. Shares are up 4.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Blackstone Mortgage as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BXMT's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 1009.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 1117.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $2.75 million to $33.47 million.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- BLACKSTONE MORTGAGE TR INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BLACKSTONE MORTGAGE TR INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.25 versus $73.00 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.90 versus -$0.25).
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, BLACKSTONE MORTGAGE TR INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Blackstone Mortgage Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.