- CPA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $81.9 million.
- CPA has traded 554,306 shares today.
- CPA traded in a range 213.2% of the normal price range with a price range of $5.15.
- CPA traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 1 day, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 1 calendar day. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CPA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CPA NOW at Trade-Ideas
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth significantly trails the industry average of 47.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.50, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.11, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- COPA HOLDINGS SA reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, COPA HOLDINGS SA increased its bottom line by earning $9.63 versus $7.35 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($10.65 versus $9.63).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Airlines industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, COPA HOLDINGS SA has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Airlines industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 58.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $74.44 million to $118.17 million.
- You can view the full Copa Holdings Ratings Report.