- SCHW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $196.6 million.
- SCHW has a PE ratio of 31.8.
- SCHW is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- SCHW is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- SCHW is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- SCHW is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- SCHW has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 0.8%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SCHW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SCHW NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on SCHW: The Charles Schwab Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides securities brokerage, banking, money management, and financial advisory services. The company operates through two segments, Investor Services and Advisor Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. SCHW has a PE ratio of 31.8. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Charles Schwab a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Charles Schwab has been 5.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Charles Schwab has a market cap of $38.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.27 and a short float of 2.2% with 4.13 days to cover. Shares are up 13.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Charles Schwab as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 27.77% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 33.75% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- SCHWAB (CHARLES) CORP has improved earnings per share by 27.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SCHWAB (CHARLES) CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.78 versus $0.69 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.96 versus $0.78).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 26.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $256.00 million to $324.00 million.
- 39.21% is the gross profit margin for SCHWAB (CHARLES) CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 21.64% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Charles Schwab Ratings Report.