- FBP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.8 million.
- FBP has traded 52,156 shares today.
- FBP is trading at 3.20 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- FBP is trading at a new high 4.13% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FBP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FBP NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income increased by 117.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$122.58 million to $21.23 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $76.64 million or 35.66% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, FIRST BANCORP P R has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -97.19%.
- The gross profit margin for FIRST BANCORP P R is rather high; currently it is at 68.31%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.17% trails the industry average.
- FIRST BANCORP P R reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FIRST BANCORP P R swung to a loss, reporting -$0.80 versus $0.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.44 versus -$0.80).
- You can view the full First BanCorp Ratings Report.