- NVO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $52.1 million.
- NVO has traded 691,975 shares today.
- NVO is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NVO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NVO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NVO: Novo Nordisk A/S engages in the discovery, development, manufacture, and marketing of pharmaceutical products primarily in Denmark. It operates in two segments, Diabetes Care and Biopharmaceuticals. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. NVO has a PE ratio of 4.0. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Novo Nordisk A/S a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Novo Nordisk A/S has been 920,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Novo Nordisk A/S has a market cap of $131.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 29.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Novo Nordisk A/S as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and notable return on equity. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NVO's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 42.76% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, NVO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- NOVO NORDISK A/S has improved earnings per share by 11.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NOVO NORDISK A/S increased its bottom line by earning $1.73 versus $1.37 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.74 versus $1.73).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Pharmaceuticals industry average. The net income increased by 7.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,189.81 million to $1,278.47 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, NOVO NORDISK A/S's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Novo Nordisk A/S Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.