- MTN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $27.9 million.
- MTN is making at least a new 3-day high.
- MTN has a PE ratio of 74.7.
- MTN is mentioned 1.52 times per day on StockTwits.
- MTN has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- MTN is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- MTN is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- MTN is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- MTN is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MTN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MTN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MTN: Vail Resorts, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates resorts in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Mountain, Lodging, and Real Estate. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. MTN has a PE ratio of 74.7. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Vail Resorts a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Vail Resorts has been 151,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Vail has a market cap of $3.2 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 1.05 and a short float of 4.9% with 4.56 days to cover. Shares are up 17.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Vail Resorts as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.88, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.31, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- 43.85% is the gross profit margin for VAIL RESORTS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 21.71% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $131.58 million or 9.58% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.19%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. The net income increased by 20.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $97.64 million to $117.95 million.
- You can view the full Vail Resorts Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.