- EPR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.4 million.
- EPR traded 79,615 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:57 AM, representing 28.9% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EPR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EPR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EPR: EPR Properties, a real estate investment trust (REIT), develops, owns, leases, and finances entertainment and related properties in the United States and Canada. Its properties include megaplex theatres, entertainment retail centers, and destination recreational and specialty properties. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 6.3%. EPR has a PE ratio of 17.2. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate EPR Properties a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for EPR Properties has been 284,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. EPR has a market cap of $2.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.97 and a short float of 6.2% with 11.40 days to cover. Shares are up 11.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates EPR Properties as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, expanding profit margins and impressive record of earnings per share growth. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 25.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $32.48 million to $40.76 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for EPR PROPERTIES is rather high; currently it is at 67.85%. Regardless of EPR's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, EPR's net profit margin of 44.27% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- EPR PROPERTIES has improved earnings per share by 18.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EPR PROPERTIES increased its bottom line by earning $3.13 versus $2.41 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 9.3% in earnings ($2.84 versus $3.13).
- You can view the full EPR Properties Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.