- MTZ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.3 million.
- MTZ has traded 485,953 shares today.
- MTZ traded in a range 253.7% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.58.
- MTZ traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 85 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 85 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MTZ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MTZ NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 11.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 538.94% to $75.71 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MASTEC INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -17.32%.
- MASTEC INC's earnings per share declined by 11.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MASTEC INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.74 versus $1.43 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 10.3% in earnings ($1.56 versus $1.74).
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Construction & Engineering industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 8.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $34.94 million to $32.05 million.
- You can view the full MasTec Ratings Report.