- SINO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.0 million.
- SINO has traded 822,511 shares today.
- SINO is trading at 50.77 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SINO is trading at a new low 6.08% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SINO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SINO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SINO: Sino-Global Shipping America, Ltd. provides shipping agency services for ships coming to and departing from Chinese ports. SINO has a PE ratio of 7.4. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Sino-Global Shipping America a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Sino-Global Shipping America has been 43,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Sino-Global Shipping America has a market cap of $11.8 million and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.73 and a short float of 1.1% with 0.00 days to cover. Shares are up 31.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sino-Global Shipping America as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been a generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SINO has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 5.29% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Transportation Infrastructure industry and the overall market, SINO-GLOBAL SHIPPING AMERICA's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- SINO, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 13.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 10.6%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$0.29 million or 48.18% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, SINO-GLOBAL SHIPPING AMERICA's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 53.33%.
- The gross profit margin for SINO-GLOBAL SHIPPING AMERICA is rather high; currently it is at 56.07%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 15.58% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Sino-Global Shipping America Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.