- DHI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $119.9 million.
- DHI has traded 1.7 million shares today.
- DHI is trading at 3.31 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- DHI crossed above its 200-day simple moving average.
'Storm the Castle' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakout can lead to potentially massive profits. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock is then free to find new buyers and momentum traders who can ultimately push the stock significantly higher. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize on. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DHI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DHI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DHI: D.R. Horton, Inc. operates as a homebuilding company. It is engaged in the acquisition and development of land; and construction and sale of residential homes in 27 states and 78 markets in the United States under the D.R. Horton, America's Builder, Emerald Homes, and Breland Homes. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. DHI has a PE ratio of 14.9. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate DR Horton a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for DR Horton has been 6.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. DR Horton has a market cap of $7.9 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 1.58 and a short float of 5.9% with 2.33 days to cover. Shares are down 3.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates DR Horton as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 26.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.69, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- D R HORTON INC's earnings per share declined by 23.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, D R HORTON INC reported lower earnings of $1.34 versus $2.74 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.54 versus $1.34).
- You can view the full DR Horton Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.