NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Wynn Resorts, Ltd. (WYNN) are lower by 2.38% to $176.41 in late-morning trading on Tuesday, as the casino resort developer, owner, and operator's stock drops for a third session, due to concerns revenue in the Macau gambling district will decline in September for the fourth straight month, Market Watch reports.
For August, Macau reported its total gross gambling revenue declined 6% to $3.6 billion, which fell short of the 2% drop analysts polled by Bloomberg News estimated, Bloomberg reported.
The revenue decrease for August was due to China's anti-corruption campaign, which saw a high number of high stakes and VIP gamblers avoid the tables in Macau, Bloomberg added.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates WYNN RESORTS LTD as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate WYNN RESORTS LTD (WYNN) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, WYNN RESORTS LTD's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- WYNN RESORTS LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WYNN RESORTS LTD increased its bottom line by earning $7.17 versus $4.81 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.48 versus $7.17).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. The net income increased by 57.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $129.79 million to $203.91 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: WYNN Ratings Report
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.