- ADBE has 14x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 3.00 mentions/day.
- ADBE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $152.5 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ADBE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ADBE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ADBE: Adobe Systems Incorporated operates as a diversified software company worldwide. It operates in three segments: Digital Media, Digital Marketing, and Print and Publishing. ADBE has a PE ratio of 129.1. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Adobe Systems a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Adobe Systems has been 2.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Adobe Systems has a market cap of $35.3 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.33 and a short float of 1.5% with 3.30 days to cover. Shares are up 17.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Adobe Systems as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Software industry average. The net income increased by 15.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $76.55 million to $88.53 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 11.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- ADBE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.23 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, ADBE has a quick ratio of 1.74, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 54.38% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- ADOBE SYSTEMS INC has improved earnings per share by 13.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ADOBE SYSTEMS INC reported lower earnings of $0.57 versus $1.66 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.23 versus $0.57).
- You can view the full Adobe Systems Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.