- RENN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.1 million.
- RENN has traded 156,209 shares today.
- RENN is trading at 4.61 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- RENN is trading at a new low 3.25% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RENN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RENN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RENN: Renren Inc. operates a social networking Internet platform in the People's Republic of China. RENN has a PE ratio of 20.7. Currently there are no analysts that rate Renren a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Renren has been 712,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Renren has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. Shares are up 10.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Renren as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income increased by 435.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$9.33 million to $31.31 million.
- RENN has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign.
- 36.29% is the gross profit margin for RENREN INC -ADR which we consider to be strong. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, RENN's net profit margin of 125.18% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- This stock has managed to decline in share value by 2.07% over the past twelve months. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, RENREN INC -ADR's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Renren Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.