- PEIX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $33.1 million.
- PEIX has traded 143,007 shares today.
- PEIX is up 3.8% today.
- PEIX was down 8.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PEIX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PEIX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PEIX: Pacific Ethanol, Inc. produces and markets low-carbon renewable fuels in the United States. It sells ethanol to gasoline refining and distribution companies. PEIX has a PE ratio of 39.2. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Pacific Ethanol a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Pacific Ethanol has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Pacific Ethanol has a market cap of $478.4 million and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 2.88 and a short float of 14.7% with 1.57 days to cover. Shares are up 260.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pacific Ethanol as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 37.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- PEIX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.30 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, PEIX has a quick ratio of 2.07, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- PACIFIC ETHANOL INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PACIFIC ETHANOL INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.39 versus -$2.70 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.29 versus -$0.39).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 1381.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.05 million to $15.57 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 950.35% to $28.45 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PACIFIC ETHANOL INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.22%.
- You can view the full Pacific Ethanol Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.