- GLNG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $211.4 million.
- GLNG has traded 105,747 shares today.
- GLNG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GLNG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GLNG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GLNG: Golar LNG Limited, a midstream liquefied natural gas (LNG) company, is engaged in the transportation, regasification and liquefaction, and trading of LNG. The company operates in two segments, Vessel Operations and Commodity Trading. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. GLNG has a PE ratio of 42.5. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Golar LNG a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Golar LNG has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Golar LNG has a market cap of $6.3 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.91 and a short float of 10.6% with 1.32 days to cover. Shares are up 88.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Golar LNG as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, GLNG's share price has jumped by 79.10%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.32, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- GLNG, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 26.3%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- GOLAR LNG LTD has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GOLAR LNG LTD reported lower earnings of $1.58 versus $11.66 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 105.1% in earnings (-$0.08 versus $1.58).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 141.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $58.97 million to -$24.23 million.
- You can view the full Golar LNG Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.