NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Terex Corp. (TEX) are gaining 0.89% to $32.76 in pre-market trading after the equipment manufacturing company was upgraded to "buy" from "hold" with a $40 price target at Stifel Financial Corp (SF) .
Analysts at the firm said they expect the company to outperform as end markets continue to firm into 2015 and beyond.
Stifel cited the already discounted end market uncertainty and views the risk/reward ratio favorably.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates TEREX CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate TEREX CORP (TEX) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 4.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- TEREX CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TEREX CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.79 versus $0.92 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.56 versus $1.79).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry. The net income increased by 556.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $21.30 million to $139.80 million.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TEX Ratings Report
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE