- ATVI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $160.2 million.
- ATVI has traded 4.4 million shares today.
- ATVI traded in a range 265.4% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.16.
- ATVI traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 38 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 38 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ATVI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ATVI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ATVI: Activision Blizzard, Inc. publishes online, personal computer (PC), video game console, handheld, mobile, and tablet games. The company operates through three segments: Activision, Blizzard, and Distribution. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. ATVI has a PE ratio of 25.4. Currently there are 19 analysts that rate Activision Blizzard a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Activision Blizzard has been 6.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Activision Blizzard has a market cap of $17.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.16 and a short float of 3.7% with 2.10 days to cover. Shares are up 31.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Activision Blizzard as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ATVI's share price has jumped by 39.12%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ATVI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- ATVI's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.60 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 2.99 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- The gross profit margin for ACTIVISION BLIZZARD INC is currently very high, coming in at 76.29%. Regardless of ATVI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 21.03% trails the industry average.
- ACTIVISION BLIZZARD INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ACTIVISION BLIZZARD INC reported lower earnings of $0.95 versus $1.00 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.32 versus $0.95).
- You can view the full Activision Blizzard Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.