- MDU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.3 million.
- MDU traded 65,225 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:45 AM, representing 12.9% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MDU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MDU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MDU: MDU Resources Group, Inc. operates as a diversified natural resource company in the United States. The company's Electric segment generates, transmits, and distributes electricity in Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wyoming. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. MDU has a PE ratio of 20.2. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate MDU Resources Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for MDU Resources Group has been 562,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. MDU Resources Group has a market cap of $5.9 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.77 and a short float of 0.6% with 1.85 days to cover. Shares are up 0.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- MDU RESOURCES GROUP INC has improved earnings per share by 16.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MDU RESOURCES GROUP INC turned its bottom line around by earning $1.46 versus -$0.08 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.60 versus $1.46).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Multi-Utilities industry average. The net income increased by 16.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $46.51 million to $54.11 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.73, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.03, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full MDU Resources Group Ratings Report.