- AVNR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $27.6 million.
- AVNR traded 452,819 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:45 AM, representing 14.4% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AVNR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AVNR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AVNR: Avanir Pharmaceuticals, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, is engaged in acquiring, developing, and commercializing novel therapeutic products for the treatment of central nervous system disorders primarily in the United States. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate AVANIR Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for AVANIR Pharmaceuticals has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. AVANIR has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.78 and a short float of 11.7% with 5.17 days to cover. Shares are up 100% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$16.08 million or 23.91% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Pharmaceuticals industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 11.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$11.42 million to -$12.70 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, AVANIR PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for AVANIR PHARMACEUTICALS INC is currently very high, coming in at 95.13%. Regardless of AVNR's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, AVNR's net profit margin of -44.35% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- AVANIR PHARMACEUTICALS INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AVANIR PHARMACEUTICALS INC reported poor results of -$0.53 versus -$0.45 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.30 versus -$0.53).
- You can view the full AVANIR Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.