- OREX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $30.3 million.
- OREX has traded 787,734 shares today.
- OREX is up 3% today.
- OREX was down 10.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OREX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OREX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OREX: Orexigen Therapeutics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development of pharmaceutical product candidates for the treatment of obesity. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Orexigen Therapeutics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Orexigen Therapeutics has been 3.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Orexigen has a market cap of $723.0 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.48 and a short float of 22.9% with 4.74 days to cover. Shares are down 6.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Orexigen Therapeutics as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow, generally high debt management risk and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 34.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$18.25 million to -$24.51 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, OREXIGEN THERAPEUTICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$21.92 million or 16.88% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 149.78 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Despite the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, the company has managed to keep a very strong quick ratio of 5.59, which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Reflecting the weaknesses we have cited, including the decline in the company's earnings per share, OREX has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 12.69% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- You can view the full Orexigen Therapeutics Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.