- DO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $59.2 million.
- DO has traded 280,311 shares today.
- DO is trading at 5.14 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- DO is trading at a new low 3.00% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DO NOW at Trade-Ideas
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.55, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that DO's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 2.34 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- 36.78% is the gross profit margin for DIAMOND OFFSHRE DRILLING INC which we consider to be strong. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, DO's net profit margin of 12.95% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, DIAMOND OFFSHRE DRILLING INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $64.31 million or 73.64% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Diamond Offshore Drilling Ratings Report.