- HCA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $204.0 million.
- HCA has traded 26,202 shares today.
- HCA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HCA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HCA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HCA: HCA Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides health care services. HCA has a PE ratio of 18.9. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate HCA Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for HCA Holdings has been 3.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. HCA has a market cap of $30.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.18 and a short float of 0.8% with 1.00 days to cover. Shares are up 48.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates HCA Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 76.78% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HCA should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry average. The net income increased by 14.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $423.00 million to $483.00 million.
- HCA's revenue growth trails the industry average of 20.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 53.56% to $1,250.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 10.50%.
- HCA HOLDINGS INC has improved earnings per share by 17.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HCA HOLDINGS INC reported lower earnings of $3.36 versus $3.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.20 versus $3.36).
- You can view the full HCA Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.