- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 64.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$2.48 million to -$4.09 million.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 31.79%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 66.66% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, ENVIVIO INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ENVIVIO INC is rather high; currently it is at 58.24%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ENVI's net profit margin of -35.67% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- ENVI, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 11.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.8%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. One out of the three major indices traded up today Two out of the three major indices traded up today The three major indices are trading lower today with the Dow Jones Industrial Average ( ^DJI) trading down 19.71 points (-0.1%) at 17,049 as of Thursday, Sept. 11, 2014, 4:20 PM ET. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,733 issues advancing vs. 1,330 declining with 151 unchanged. The Telecommunications industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1% versus the S&P 500, which was up 0.1%. Top gainers within the Telecommunications industry included Maxcom Telecomunicaciones SAB de CV ( MXT), up 2.1%, Optical Cable ( OCC), up 2.4%, Technical Communications ( TCCO), up 1.6%, China TechFaith Wireless Comm Tech ( CNTF), up 2.2% and Envivio ( ENVI), up 3.0%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks pushing the industry higher today: Envivio ( ENVI) is one of the companies that pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today. Envivio was up $0.06 (3.0%) to $2.06 on average volume. Throughout the day, 77,672 shares of Envivio exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 58,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $2.00-$2.12 after having opened the day at $2.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $2.00. Envivio, Inc. provides software-based IP video processing and distribution solutions that enable the delivery of high-quality video to consumers. Envivio has a market cap of $55.2 million and is part of the technology sector. Shares are down 41.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are no analysts who rate Envivio a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates Envivio as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on ENVI go as follows: