CSC (NYSE: CSC), a global leader in next-generation IT services and solutions, today announced that it is leveraging HP technology to deliver a comprehensive Testing as a Service (TaaS) platform. The platform provides HP’s market-leading quality management and testing software on a “pay-as-you-go,” on-demand consumption basis. Demand for effective applications testing and lifecycle management tools continues to grow rapidly, as businesses are moving quickly to deliver applications and experiences that leverage the cloud, big data, and mobility. These organizations place a premium on speed and agility, and require an approach that allows them to spin up development projects when needed. CSC’s new HP-powered Testing as a Service platform is an ideal offering for these businesses, which can leverage HP’s world-class software to test and deliver high-quality, effective applications. This platform complements CSC's application security testing on-demand offering, released earlier this year. “CSC will leverage HP solutions and tools, including HP Application Lifecycle Management and HP Unified Functional Testing tools, to further strengthen our TaaS offering, enabling us to provide testing services to our clients in an agile approach,” said Manish Tomar, vice president and general manager, Applications Managed Services, CSC. “Together, CSC and HP will provide next-generation Software Testing services to our clients. CSC’s innovative platform certifies client work product on the latest systems, while helping customers to reduce usage-based expenses, improve application quality, speed time to market, and engage higher user adoption.” “It’s not enough for agile application teams to deliver new applications quickly – they have to work, perform, and delight users on a dizzying array of devices and platforms,” said Raffi Margaliot, vice president and general manager, Application Delivery Management, Software, HP. “By teaming with CSC we will provide developers with a flexible, on-demand platform that will allow them to deliver applications fast and with confidence.”
HP Application Testing SolutionsA leader in testing and applications lifecycle management for over a decade, HP offers solutions designed for the challenges of software in the New Style of IT:
- HP Application Lifecycle Management and HP Quality Center - An open platform to manage the lifecycle of requirements, development, testing and defect management with complete transparency for predictable, yet agile delivery; and
- HP Unified Functional Testing - An easy to use, comprehensive test automation capability for modern mobile, web, ERP and composite applications.
- Lower cost - CSC’s TaaS helps clients reduce costs by turning CAPEX into usage-based OPEX;
- Resource flexibility and optimization - TaaS allows clients to staff up quickly when needed and release resources when they are not needed;
- Advanced test environments - Best-of-breed tools and the latest devices and platforms are all part of CSC’s TaaS offering, eliminating the need for large financial outlays;
- Professional testers - Supplement core teams with CSC professional testers, who provide all the reporting and metrics required to meet governance requirements, and CSC retains all test assets for future client needs; and
- Fully managed testing - When needed, CSC can supply a fully managed test service, also available on demand.