- GPRE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $37.2 million.
- GPRE has traded 508,228 shares today.
- GPRE traded in a range 231.2% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.69.
- GPRE traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 28 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 28 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GPRE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GPRE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GPRE: Green Plains Inc. produces, markets, and distributes ethanol in the United States. The company operates through four segments: Ethanol Production, Corn Oil Production, Agribusiness, and Marketing and Distribution. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. GPRE has a PE ratio of 15.5. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Green Plains a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Green Plains has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Green Plains has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 1.25 and a short float of 23.8% with 7.73 days to cover. Shares are up 131.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Green Plains as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- GPRE's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 331.57% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 170.10% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GPRE should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- GREEN PLAINS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GREEN PLAINS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.20 versus $0.27 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.82 versus $1.20).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 441.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $5.97 million to $32.31 million.
- You can view the full Green Plains Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.