- CMRX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.2 million.
- CMRX has traded 39,215 shares today.
- CMRX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CMRX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CMRX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CMRX: Chimerix, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes novel, oral antivirals to address unmet medical needs in the United States. CMRX has a PE ratio of 364.7. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Chimerix a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Chimerix has been 271,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Chimerix has a market cap of $910.6 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 69% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Chimerix as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that we feel that the company's cash flow from its operations has been weak overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CMRX's revenue growth trails the industry average of 43.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- CMRX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.04 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 16.44, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, CHIMERIX INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Biotechnology industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 5.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$12.46 million to -$11.73 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$9.64 million or 27.05% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Chimerix Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.