- JAH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $50.8 million.
- JAH is making at least a new 3-day high.
- JAH has a PE ratio of 39.0.
- JAH is mentioned 1.10 times per day on StockTwits.
- JAH has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- JAH is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- JAH is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- JAH is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- JAH is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JAH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JAH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JAH: Jarden Corporation manufactures, markets, and distributes consumer products in the Unites States and internationally. JAH has a PE ratio of 39.0. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Jarden a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Jarden has been 980,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Jarden has a market cap of $7.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.32 and a short float of 3.3% with 4.35 days to cover. Shares are down 1.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Jarden as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, JAH's share price has jumped by 28.89%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- JARDEN CORP's earnings per share declined by 40.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, JARDEN CORP reported lower earnings of $1.81 versus $2.09 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.95 versus $1.81).
- The gross profit margin for JARDEN CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 32.86%. Regardless of JAH's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 2.63% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $83.70 million or 49.21% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Jarden Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.