- PCYC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $80.4 million.
- PCYC has traded 504,391 shares today.
- PCYC traded in a range 237% of the normal price range with a price range of $8.10.
- PCYC traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 26 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 26 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PCYC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PCYC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PCYC: Pharmacyclics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, designs, develops, and commercializes small-molecule drugs for the treatment of cancer and immune mediated diseases in the United States and internationally. PCYC has a PE ratio of 102.7. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Pharmacyclics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Pharmacyclics has been 992,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Pharmacyclics has a market cap of $9.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.92 and a short float of 10.6% with 8.61 days to cover. Shares are up 12.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pharmacyclics as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, unimpressive growth in net income and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PCYC's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 43.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 106.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- PCYC has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.59, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 400.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $12.35 million to -$37.06 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$7.18 million or 18.45% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Pharmacyclics Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.