- WNR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $59.0 million.
- WNR has traded 604,482 shares today.
- WNR traded in a range 216.7% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.24.
- WNR traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 33 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 33 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WNR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WNR NOW at Trade-Ideas
- WNR's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 79.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 56.76% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, WNR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- WESTERN REFINING INC has improved earnings per share by 6.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WESTERN REFINING INC reported lower earnings of $2.71 versus $3.58 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.58 versus $2.71).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income increased by 5.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $149.26 million to $156.70 million.
- You can view the full Western Refining Ratings Report.