- VC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $39.5 million.
- VC has traded 74,812 shares today.
- VC traded in a range 208.5% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.57.
- VC traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 530 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 530 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VC: Visteon Corporation provides climate, electronic and interior systems, modules, and components to automotive original equipment manufacturers worldwide. It operates in the Climate, Electronics, and Interiors segments. VC has a PE ratio of 9.1. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Visteon a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Visteon has been 446,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Visteon has a market cap of $4.6 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 1.63 and a short float of 10.3% with 10.32 days to cover. Shares are up 25.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Visteon as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels, solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- VC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 8.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, VC's share price has jumped by 41.63%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Auto Components industry and the overall market, VISTEON CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- VC's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.71 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.26 is sturdy.
- You can view the full Visteon Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.