- NPSP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $79.0 million.
- NPSP traded 411,054 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:43 AM, representing 15.6% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NPSP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NPSP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NPSP: NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the development of therapeutic products in the United States. Its lead product is Gattex for the treatment of adult patients with short bowel syndrome (SBS) who are dependent on parenteral support. NPSP has a PE ratio of 687.5. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate NPS Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for NPS Pharmaceuticals has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. NPS has a market cap of $2.9 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of -0.38 and a short float of 12.5% with 2.76 days to cover. Shares are down 5.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
- NPSP's very impressive revenue growth exceeded the industry average of 43.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 53.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- NPS PHARMACEUTICALS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, NPS PHARMACEUTICALS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.16 versus -$0.22 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.05 versus -$0.16).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$6.08 million or 31.25% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 31.25%, NPS PHARMACEUTICALS INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 101.54%.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, NPS PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- In its most recent trading session, NPSP has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. We feel that the combination of its price rise over the last year and its current price-to-earnings ratio relative to its industry tend to reduce its upside potential.
- You can view the full NPS Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.