- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Auto Components industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 43.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$0.92 million to -$1.31 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$0.89 million or 63.77% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Auto Components industry and the overall market, UQM TECHNOLOGIES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 8.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 36.2%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- UQM TECHNOLOGIES INC's earnings per share declined by 50.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UQM TECHNOLOGIES INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.07 versus -$0.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects earnings to be in line with last year (-$0.07 versus -$0.07).
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. The Automotive industry as a whole closed the day down 1.3% versus the S&P 500, which was down 0.7%. Laggards within the Automotive industry included Marine Products ( MPX), down 7.0%, SORL Auto Parts ( SORL), down 2.2%, UQM Technologies ( UQM), down 2.0%, Shiloh Industries ( SHLO), down 3.0% and Spartan Motors ( SPAR), down 3.4%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today: UQM Technologies ( UQM) is one of the companies that pushed the Automotive industry lower today. UQM Technologies was down $0.03 (2.0%) to $1.50 on light volume. Throughout the day, 63,582 shares of UQM Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 182,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $1.50-$1.55 after having opened the day at $1.53 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $1.53. UQM Technologies, Inc. develops, manufactures, and sells electric motors, generators, and power electronic controllers in the United States and internationally. UQM Technologies has a market cap of $64.7 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. Shares are down 25.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates UQM Technologies as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on UQM go as follows: