- KERX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $70.8 million.
- KERX has traded 3.1 million shares today.
- KERX is trading at 2.57 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- KERX crossed below its 200-day simple moving average.
'Roof Leaker' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakdown can lead to potentially massive losses. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock may then be subject to emotional selling from investors that can continue to drive the stock lower. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with weakness and volume it can indicate the start of a new, potentially dangerous, trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KERX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KERX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KERX: Keryx Biopharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the acquisition, development, and commercialization of pharmaceutical products for the treatment of renal disease in the United States. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Keryx Biopharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Keryx Biopharmaceuticals has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Keryx has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 4.36 and a short float of 22% with 4.35 days to cover. Shares are up 16.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Keryx Biopharmaceuticals as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- KERYX BIOPHARMACEUTICALS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KERYX BIOPHARMACEUTICALS INC reported poor results of -$0.57 versus -$0.36 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 54.4% in earnings (-$0.88 versus -$0.57).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 97.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$11.36 million to -$22.41 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, KERYX BIOPHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$17.57 million or 140.96% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The gross profit margin for KERYX BIOPHARMACEUTICALS INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 0.00%. KERX has continued with the weak profit margin when compared to the same quarter of last year.
- You can view the full Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Ratings Report.