- OCR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $36.4 million.
- OCR has traded 498,524 shares today.
- OCR traded in a range 232.6% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.45.
- OCR traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 27 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 27 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OCR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OCR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OCR: Omnicare, Inc. operates as a healthcare services company that specializes in the management of pharmaceutical care in the United States and Canada. It operates through two segments, Long-Term Care Group and Specialty Care Group. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. OCR has a PE ratio of 59.0. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Omnicare a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Omnicare has been 749,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Omnicare has a market cap of $6.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.07 and a short float of 10.5% with 16.41 days to cover. Shares are up 4.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Omnicare as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- OCR's revenue growth trails the industry average of 20.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $218.88 million or 42.34% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 10.50%.
- OMNICARE INC has improved earnings per share by 34.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, OMNICARE INC reported lower earnings of $0.74 versus $1.52 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.69 versus $0.74).
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.66, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.92 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Omnicare Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.