- OAS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $61.2 million.
- OAS is down 2.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OAS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OAS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OAS: Oasis Petroleum Inc., an independent exploration and production company, focuses on the acquisition and development of oil and natural gas resources in the North Dakota and Montana regions of the Williston Basin. OAS has a PE ratio of 14.5. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate Oasis Petroleum a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Oasis Petroleum has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Oasis has a market cap of $4.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 2.06 and a short float of 10.6% with 4.94 days to cover. Shares are up 1.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Oasis Petroleum as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, notable return on equity, increase in stock price during the past year and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 46.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $277.99 million or 48.44% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, OASIS PETROLEUM INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.22%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, OASIS PETROLEUM INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- OASIS PETROLEUM INC's earnings per share declined by 45.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, OASIS PETROLEUM INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.44 versus $1.66 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.10 versus $2.44).
- You can view the full Oasis Petroleum Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.