Editors Note: Article has been updated to reflect that the 5 cent dividend is monthly, not quarterly as was previously reported
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Goldcorp (GG) declared a 5 cent per share dividend payable September 26 to shareholders of record on September 18.
Goldcorp shares are down 2.9% to $25.03 in trading on Monday.
TheStreet Ratings team rates GOLDCORP INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate GOLDCORP INC (GG) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed ? some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- GG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- 44.15% is the gross profit margin for GOLDCORP INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 19.97% is above that of the industry average.
- GG's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.17 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.91 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- GG has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 13.59% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, GOLDCORP INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: GG Ratings Report
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.