- WDAY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $191.7 million.
- WDAY has traded 292,478 shares today.
- WDAY is trading at 5.33 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- WDAY is trading at a new high 3.02% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WDAY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WDAY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WDAY:
Workday, Inc. provides enterprise cloud applications for global human resources and finance in the United States and internationally. It offers applications for customers to manage critical business functions that enable them to optimize their financial and human capital resources. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Workday a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold.The average volume for Workday has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Workday has a market cap of $8.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are up 8.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Workday as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 92.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$35.98 million to -$69.22 million.
- WORKDAY INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WORKDAY INC reported poor results of -$1.00 versus -$0.45 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.43 versus -$1.00).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, WORKDAY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.43, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 3.93 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$9.01 million or 30.23% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, WORKDAY INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 41.66%.
- You can view the full Workday Ratings Report.