- ACAD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $43.4 million.
- ACAD has traded 188,675 shares today.
- ACAD is trading at 4.02 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ACAD is trading at a new high 4.04% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ACAD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ACAD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ACAD: ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and commercialization of small molecule drugs that address unmet medical needs in neurological and related central nervous system disorders. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate ACADIA Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for ACADIA Pharmaceuticals has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. ACADIA has a market cap of $2.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.61 and a short float of 27.1% with 10.62 days to cover. Shares are up 7.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ACADIA Pharmaceuticals as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ACADIA PHARMACEUTICALS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ACADIA PHARMACEUTICALS INC reported poor results of -$0.44 versus -$0.37 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 95.5% in earnings (-$0.86 versus -$0.44).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 136.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$9.08 million to -$21.50 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ACADIA PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$16.97 million or 211.66% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- ACAD, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 43.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 93.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.