- EQR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $87.9 million.
- EQR has traded 1,041 shares today.
- EQR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EQR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EQR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EQR: Equity Residential, a real estate investment trust (REIT), engages in the acquisition, development, and management of multifamily properties in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.1%. EQR has a PE ratio of 99.3. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Equity Residential a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Equity Residential has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Equity has a market cap of $24.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.70 and a short float of 2.8% with 6.44 days to cover. Shares are up 28% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Equity Residential as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, impressive record of earnings per share growth and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 293.75% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 27.69% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, EQR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $282.63 million or 26.00% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, EQUITY RESIDENTIAL has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 17.00%.
- EQUITY RESIDENTIAL reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EQUITY RESIDENTIAL swung to a loss, reporting -$0.49 versus $0.43 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.09 versus -$0.49).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, EQUITY RESIDENTIAL underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Equity Residential Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.