NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Yahoo Inc. (YHOO) are climbing higher by 1.74% to $40.28 in pre-market trading on Monday, as the tech stock gets a boost from the announcement that the privately held China-based e-commerce business, Alibaba will sell 320 million shares priced between $60 and $66 per share, CNBC.com reports.
Yahoo owns a 22.4% stake in the Alibaba, and will retain a 16.3% stake after the company goes public on the New York Stock Exchange, Bloomberg reports.
Alibaba is planning to sell almost 320.1 million American Depositary Shares, worth more than $21 billion, making this the largest IPO in U.S. history, CNBC.com added.
The pricing for Alibaba's offering will be on Sept. 18 and the stock will open Sept. 19, according to Barron's.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates YAHOO INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate YAHOO INC (YHOO) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Although YHOO's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.09 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.99, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $357.41 million or 8.03% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, YAHOO INC's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 17.66%.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, YHOO's share price has jumped by 39.61%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The gross profit margin for YAHOO INC is currently very high, coming in at 83.10%. Regardless of YHOO's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, YHOO's net profit margin of 24.87% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: YHOO Ratings Report
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.