- F has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $315.9 million.
- F traded 22,809 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:40 AM.
- F is down 2.2% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in F with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for F NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on F: Ford Motor Company develops, manufactures, distributes, and services vehicles, parts, and accessories worldwide. The company operates through two sectors, Automotive and Financial Services. The Automotive sector offers vehicles primarily under the Ford and Lincoln brand names. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. F has a PE ratio of 10.7. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Ford Motor a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ford Motor has been 24.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ford has a market cap of $66.5 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 1.21 and a short float of 2% with 4.09 days to cover. Shares are up 11.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ford Motor as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, attractive valuation levels, growth in earnings per share, increase in stock price during the past year and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Automobiles industry average. The net income increased by 6.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,233.00 million to $1,311.00 million.
- Despite the weak revenue results, F has outperformed against the industry average of 12.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.4%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- FORD MOTOR CO has improved earnings per share by 6.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FORD MOTOR CO increased its bottom line by earning $1.75 versus $1.42 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 23.7% in earnings ($1.34 versus $1.75).
- In its most recent trading session, F has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Ford Motor Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.