- TMUS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $136.4 million.
- TMUS has traded 4.0 million shares today.
- TMUS traded in a range 245.4% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.77.
- TMUS traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 30 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 30 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TMUS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TMUS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TMUS: T-Mobile US, Inc. provides mobile communications services under the T-Mobile, MetroPCS, and GoSmart brands in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. It offers postpaid and prepaid wireless voice, messaging and data services, and wholesale wireless services. TMUS has a PE ratio of 152.4. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate T-Mobile US a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for T-Mobile US has been 4.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. T-Mobile US has a market cap of $24.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. The stock has a beta of 1.24 and a short float of 2.4% with 3.37 days to cover. Shares are down 10.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates T-Mobile US as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 2500.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 28.95% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period.
- T-MOBILE US INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.49 versus -$0.10).
- 48.95% is the gross profit margin for T-MOBILE US INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, TMUS's net profit margin of 5.44% significantly trails the industry average.
- Compared to other companies in the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, T-MOBILE US INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- Despite the current debt-to-equity ratio of 1.58, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.01 is sturdy.
- You can view the full T-Mobile US Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.