- NI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $60.2 million.
- NI has traded 18,481 shares today.
- NI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NI: NiSource Inc., an energy holding company, provides natural gas, electricity, and other products and services. It operates through three segments: Gas Distribution Operations, Columbia Pipeline Group Operations, and Electric Operations. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. NI has a PE ratio of 22.8. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate NiSource a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for NiSource has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. NiSource has a market cap of $12.5 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.36 and a short float of 2% with 4.41 days to cover. Shares are up 21.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
- NI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 7.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- NISOURCE INC has improved earnings per share by 8.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NISOURCE INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.57 versus $1.35 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.70 versus $1.57).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Multi-Utilities industry average. The net income increased by 9.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $71.70 million to $78.20 million.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 34.80% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Multi-Utilities industry and the overall market, NISOURCE INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full NiSource Ratings Report.