- DG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $278.7 million.
- DG traded 91,437 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:28 AM.
- DG is down 2.1% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DG: Dollar General Corporation, a discount retailer, provides merchandise products in the United States. DG has a PE ratio of 19.6. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Dollar General a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Dollar General has been 6.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Dollar General has a market cap of $19.5 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.69 and a short float of 3.2% with 1.58 days to cover. Shares are up 6.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Dollar General as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- DOLLAR GENERAL CORP has improved earnings per share by 10.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DOLLAR GENERAL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.17 versus $2.86 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.50 versus $3.17).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Multiline Retail industry average. The net income increased by 2.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $245.48 million to $251.26 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Multiline Retail industry and the overall market, DOLLAR GENERAL CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Dollar General Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.