- GLNG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $62.0 million.
- GLNG is down 10% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GLNG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GLNG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GLNG: Golar LNG Limited, a midstream liquefied natural gas (LNG) company, is engaged in the transportation, regasification and liquefaction, and trading of LNG. The company operates in two segments, Vessel Operations and Commodity Trading. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. GLNG has a PE ratio of 38.7. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Golar LNG a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Golar LNG has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Golar LNG has a market cap of $5.0 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.91 and a short float of 10.6% with 3.63 days to cover. Shares are up 70.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, GLNG's share price has jumped by 59.02%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- GLNG, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 24.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for GOLAR LNG LTD is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 28.87%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -114.77% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- GOLAR LNG LTD has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GOLAR LNG LTD reported lower earnings of $1.58 versus $11.66 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 104.1% in earnings (-$0.07 versus $1.58).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 141.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $58.97 million to -$24.20 million.
- You can view the full Golar LNG Ratings Report.