- FRO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.6 million.
- FRO has traded 297,023 shares today.
- FRO is trading at 4.06 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- FRO is trading at a new low 3.37% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FRO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FRO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FRO: Frontline Ltd., through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the ownership and operation of oil tankers and oil/bulk/ore carriers. The company provides seaborne transportation of crude oil and oil products, as well as raw materials, such as coal and iron ore. Currently there are no analysts that rate Frontline a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Frontline has been 935,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Frontline has a market cap of $198.4 million and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. Shares are down 52.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Frontline as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its poor profit margins and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for FRONTLINE LTD is rather low; currently it is at 19.87%. Regardless of FRO's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, FRO's net profit margin of -65.75% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- FRO has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 13.80% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.9%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- FRONTLINE LTD has improved earnings per share by 47.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FRONTLINE LTD reported poor results of -$2.38 versus -$0.91 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.55 versus -$2.38).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income increased by 35.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$120.28 million to -$78.23 million.
- You can view the full Frontline Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.