- RSH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.5 million.
- RSH has traded 1.5 million shares today.
- RSH is trading at 3.88 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- RSH is trading at a new high 8.40% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RSH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RSH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RSH: RadioShack Corporation is engaged in the retail sale of consumer electronics goods and services. It operates in U.S. RadioShack Company-Operated Stores and Other segments. Currently there are no analysts that rate RadioShack a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for RadioShack has been 5.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. RadioShack has a market cap of $125.8 million and is part of the services sector and retail industry. Shares are down 54.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates RadioShack as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, generally high debt management risk, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 127.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$43.30 million to -$98.30 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 8.46 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. To add to this, RSH has a quick ratio of 0.51, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, RADIOSHACK CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$37.80 million or 323.66% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 57.06%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 177.14% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- You can view the full RadioShack Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.