- UGI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $29.5 million.
- UGI has traded 4,427 shares today.
- UGI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in UGI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for UGI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on UGI: UGI Corporation, through its subsidiaries, distributes, stores, transports, and markets energy products and related services in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.5%. UGI has a PE ratio of 18.1. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate UGI a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for UGI has been 566,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. UGI has a market cap of $6.1 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.72 and a short float of 2.2% with 3.41 days to cover. Shares are up 27.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates UGI as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 125.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 32.02% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, UGI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- UGI CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, UGI CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.45 versus $1.76 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.02 versus $2.45).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Gas Utilities industry. The net income increased by 126.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $9.10 million to $20.60 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 82.44% to $375.10 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, UGI CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 27.71%.
- You can view the full UGI Ratings Report.