- MEMP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.6 million.
- MEMP traded 194,740 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:40 AM, representing 44.7% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MEMP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MEMP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MEMP: Memorial Production Partners LP, through its subsidiary, is engaged in the acquisition, development, exploitation, and production of oil and natural gas properties. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 9.4%. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Memorial Production Partners a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Memorial Production Partners has been 525,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Memorial Production has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.58 and a short float of 1.3% with 2.20 days to cover. Shares are up 7.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Memorial Production Partners as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 36.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 55.81% to $48.03 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MEMORIAL PRODUCTION PRTRS LP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.36%.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 3.16 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.44, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, MEMORIAL PRODUCTION PRTRS LP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Memorial Production Partners Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.