- SDRL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $155.4 million.
- SDRL traded 39,755 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:27 AM.
- SDRL is down 2.9% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SDRL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SDRL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SDRL: Seadrill Limited, an offshore drilling contractor, provides offshore drilling services to the oil and gas industry worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Floaters, Jack-up Rigs, and Tender Rigs. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 10.7%. SDRL has a PE ratio of 6.8. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Seadrill a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Seadrill has been 4.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Seadrill has a market cap of $17.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.43 and a short float of 7.6% with 6.62 days to cover. Shares are down 9.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, SEADRILL LTD's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SEADRILL LTD is rather high; currently it is at 58.59%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 49.59% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- SDRL, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 20.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- SEADRILL LTD has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SEADRILL LTD increased its bottom line by earning $5.47 versus $2.32 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 44.6% in earnings ($3.03 versus $5.47).
- The share price of SEADRILL LTD has not done very well: it is down 18.82% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of the overall market trend could certainly make a critical difference, we do not see any strong reason stemming from the company's fundamentals that would cause a continuation of last year's decline. In fact, the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings.
- You can view the full Seadrill Ratings Report.